Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Entrepreneur Journal Entry 8: Teamwork Doesn't Always Make the Dream Work

This week in my Intro to Entrepreneurship class, we reported on our "Sell Anything" challenge. And frankly, I've got a lot to say about this whole thing.

First off, the team I was dealt wasn't one for making decisions. As I mentioned last week, their idea was flimsy and they ended up changing it just a couple of days before we were supposed to sell. I was hesitant to even get my own skin in the game; I felt like this challenge was a waste of my time and energy.

My feelings about this particular project shouldn't be confused with my outlook on the whole class. Brother Wasden is a superb teacher with gusto and a real passion for what he teaches. But I have yet to learn how to handle working in a team with something like this. In a real entrepreneurial escapade like this, I think you have a bit more say on who you choose to work with and who you don't. I feel I would have gotten much more out of this if I collaborated with someone who had similar interests as I did. Or even if I didn't have a partner at all. I've been a lone freelancer (very successfully) for the past two years. I try to minimize the amount of production I do with others.

Overall, I wish this activity wasn't worth so many points. I didn't like it and felt completely estranged from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment