Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Entrepreneur Journal Entry 11: Fire or Family?

I missed last week’s journal entry since I didn’t attend class. I was working at the time. That’s why the journal jumps straight from week 9 to week 11. Anyway!
This week, we discussed a case study of a businessman who was put in a tough position. His client called, saying there was a fire currently happening at his plant and he needed the businessman to come immediately or else the client would end their business relationship. The problem was that the businessman’s daughter had a recital that was about to happen, and the man would miss the recital if he went to help his client. He had promised his daughter he would go, and he wouldn’t miss it for the world.
Brother Wasden then asked us what we would do in this situation. I felt pretty torn. I initially sided with the “going to the fire” team, but as different points were raised, a few of the people on that side moved to the “go to the recital” team. I thought about doing that as well.
Something awesome about my line of work is the lack of gravity in the whole thing. I make YouTube videos; there’s rarely any physical danger or heated, intense situations involved.

After processing everything, I would probably choose the recital.

No comments:

Post a Comment