Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Entrepreneur Journal Entry 6: Going Once...Sold

The most significant part of this week's class time was discussing the specifics of the "Sell Anything" challenge we've got to do next week.

The three other members of our group that were present all seemed very passive on deciding on what they actually wanted to sell. I immediately suggested t-shirts since I've had first-hand experience with that in the past. The other group members didn't seem keen at the idea, so I didn't try pushing it too hard. However, the reason I was so brazen and blunt suggesting my idea is because you need to do that as an entrepreneur; you need to be assertive, make decisions, and speak up if you have a problem or idea. Another group member suggested some more specific goods we could make and sell, but I didn't think the audience to sell to was very large. While niches are significant and can be very profitable, I was thinking of this particular project's scope. We only have 24 hours to sell something; we've got to find something popular that everyone likes.

After much deliberation, we ended up going with a strawberry dessert; one of our teammates informed us she'd be getting her food handler's license next week and therefore could legally sell food. I suggested online advertising and selling our dessert at Porter Park. Then the boring stuff happened; we talked about pricing and what ingredients we needed and such. I personally didn't feel it was very important at the time, but I have an aversion to planning things and try to avoid it as much as I can. This isn't a good strategy when you're trying to put together a project as a team.

But we've got one day to pull this off. I hope it'll be as sweet as the strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment